[pianotech] parts replacement due to vertigris

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Wed Jan 27 02:04:42 MST 2010

David

Verdigris infected action parts are primarily found Steinways from the 1930's. To answer your question directly, yes, you could replace just the parts that are effected, like the wippen flanges, and it would save the customer some money now. But sooner or later these parts will need to be replaced anyway, so while the customer would save some money now, it will be more expensive later on.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
94-505 Kealakaa Str.
Mililani, Oahu, HI  96789