[pianotech] Turnaround Times

Paul Milesi paul at pmpiano.com
Wed Jan 27 09:12:14 MST 2010

Having promised a lot of work to customers, I¹m now falling a little behind
in delivery.  While I maintain good communication with my customers, I¹m
feeling stressed lately and wondering if I¹m attempting to turn around or
complete things like action work in too short a time frame.  Just wondering
what kinds of expectations others set up with their customers, especially
for action reconditioning/rebuilding.  Do you try to do this as ³extra² work
in addition to a full or almost full regular tuning and repair load, or do
you block out large blocks of time in which to complete the action job so
that it is turned around in a shorter time frame?  Do you promise return of
the action in one week, two weeks, six weeks?

Paul Milesi, RPT
Washington, DC
(202) 667-3136
E-mail:  paul at pmpiano.com