[pianotech] Bridle-less Old Upright action

Stephen Grattan lostchordclinic at ameritech.net
Wed Jan 27 14:09:02 MST 2010

Hi Paul,

I removed an action from a junk piano that had no bridle tapes, but instead had a wire hook protruding from the top of the backcheck that passes the catcher on the forward stroke but catches it and pulls it back on the return of the wippen to rest. It is in my shop.  I do not recall the make of the piano.  Pictures can be posted if there is interest.

Steve Grattan
Lost Chord Clinic