[pianotech] Why schedules sometimes go pfffft.

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Jan 27 15:14:30 MST 2010

Something similar....went to  a vocal professor.  Usual customer with a
Steinway M which needed rebuilding badly.  Always took 15 minutes to take
off the piles of music.  I start tuning, right, but then the phone rings
while she is there in the studio...Her daughter is getting carried away
practically in a straight-jacket with EMT's trying to "talk her down" from
the trauma.  I never heard a 70 year old woman sound like the saltiest
sailor I've ever heard...(and I've heard them, believe me...).  After 45
minutes of yelling, and I patiently sitting by waiting for some quiet, she
calmly asked me to please finish the tuning and leave the bill on the
piano, and then promptly ran out of the house. (I got paid promptly BTW
and continued to go there every 6 months until moving to Lincoln...)

What strange crap we techs have to deal with!  I'm sure this will bring
some other "fun" stories!

Best,
Paul