[pianotech] Why schedules sometimes go pfffft.

David Stocker firtreepiano at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 27 17:52:35 MST 2010

Twice I have shown up for scheduled appointments to find out the piano owner died suddenly the day before. One was an elderly lady hit by a car while crossing a street to get to one of our finer restaurants. Family had gathered, and said no, thank you; we don't need the piano tuned.

The other was a lady who choked on a soft piece of waffle. (!) The husband calmly told me the piano was there for the grandchildren next door, so go ahead and tune. He had me back a couple more times.

Both pianos were more than 45 minutes away.

David Stocker, RPT
Tumwater, WA