[pianotech] wippen trouble

Richard Gullion pianoguy52 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 28 12:56:50 MST 2010

check to see if the jack is stuck under the felt at the base of the butt.

Richard the "Piano Guy"
Piano Moving-Tuning-Repairs-Refinishing

www.thepianoguy.webs.com

From: pianotune05 at hotmail.com
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 07:22:46 -0800
Subject: [pianotech] wippen trouble

Hi Everyone,

I brought home a Harrington action to replace bridel straps. In the process, I had to reglue some jack posts to wippens.  When I go to screw on teh wippen the jack lifts the hamer butt just fine.  when the screw it tighten it is blocked up won't move at all.  I checked the others where the bridel strap is not connected and they lift when I push up on the wippen .  Why are these two wippens blocking?  I didn't change the let off setting at all.  Should I adjust let off on these notes?  Thanks

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com