[pianotech] wippen problem solved

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:02:35 MST 2010

Hey Everyone,

I borrowed my wifes eyes and figured out what the trouble was.  I should have known better which leads me to a questin.  Do you guys ever get in a jam to find out that the solution was something perhaps you should have known but simply overlooked. I feel a little stupid however. So the problem was, I had the screw in the hole just fine but the spoon was getting in the way and I didn't see or feel it.  My wife suggested I try placing the screw on first and then inserting it into the wippen rail.  ti worked. I do this with hammer butts, and I've done this before with a wippen on this action I repaired.  So why would I over look that??

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com