[pianotech] a quick question about this action

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 28 21:18:02 MST 2010

Gently push the damper in so the bottom part of the damper bends out.  Be
careful not to mess up the damper felt.  The flange will slide in easer
behind the damper this way.  I imagine, you have the action propped up in an
action holder thingy, right to get it up and off of the bench?  Once you get
the flange in place, take your screw driver blade and push the wippen flange
flat and flush while at the same time, holding the front of it upward like I
said before to keep the spoon sticking out.  Have the screw already inserted
into a screw holder, then insert the screw into the flange.  Use a BIG FLASH
light so it will help your eyes better maybe, I know you can't see well, and
then turn it backward and the forward to start the screw.  Once it starts,
screw er down.  Otherwise, a little extra persuasion might not hurt it any..
Did I say that???  Shhhhh!  Don't tell anyone!

Jer