[pianotech] a quick question about this action

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 28 20:52:03 MST 2010

Hi Everyone,

I had one quick question. I have this one wippen giving me trouble in that when I try to guide into the screw hole hold the damper lever open so the spoon can get under, get the flange in its right position the screw wants to point downward.  What method do you guys use to keep the screw strait so it goes into the hole.  Screwing it in after the flange is lined up doesn't work because the spoon gets in the way.  I did one it went in after a little trouble, but this second one is a real pain.  The jack is doing fine. It's simply getting that flange in the right spot and the screw not pointing downward.  thanks everyone.

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com