[pianotech] iron plate

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Fri Jan 29 11:38:24 MST 2010

Marshall

People who don't know anything about pianos assume a lot of things. What Jim was referring to was that in some pianos, instead of being made out of wood, the back posts are made of metal.  But some people think that because the posts are metal, that they are they plate. The plate is still in the same place.

To show how uninformed some people are, I read a classified ad in the St. Louis paper once that said the piano had a solid cast iron soundboard.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
94-505 Kealakaa Str.
Mililani, Oahu, HI  96789