[pianotech] Earl Wild

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Fri Jan 29 15:48:28 MST 2010

I found this touching comment on Wild by Mr. Don Mannino:
http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1359711/Earl%20Wild's%20Passing.html
<http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1359711/Earl%20Wild%27s%20Passing.html>

And a nice comment by Steven Hough at
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/culture/stephenhough/100006374/earl-wild-1915-2010-r-i-p/
There are some interesting links too in the Blog comments.

I can'r remember where I read about the Steinway incident, and I'm
looking for information online. I believe that quite early in his career
he was to perform somewhere and an unfortunate Steinway manager was very
offhand and unhelpful about supplying a piano so Wild went to Baldwin
who were just the opposite and he stuck with them after that. (Though
latterly moving to Kawai).

Best regards,

David Boyce.