[pianotech] plate

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 29 15:50:45 MST 2010

Live and learn Marshall.

There must come a time when the customer will either pay you for the work
that you are doing, or the work does not get done.  We've all been in the
position where we've taken a job only to regret it later not knowing or
realizing until it is to late that if you look at it funny or breath on it
wrong, something else breaks.  Old plastic action parts is a prime example.
Try replacing one broken damper, touch the neighboring damper and that one
too, breaks.

This must be explained to the customer for future liability on your behalf
that more can and will likely go wrong.  I would personally advise them to
either repair it correctly, or get rid of it.  I would also inform them of
this before you do much more with it.  The unfortunate thing is, that if you
did not inform them of the additional work before you started any of it,
most of what you have just done will be "on the house" because they did not
approve it.

If jacks are tipping sideways, hitting two notes, that means you have more
unglued jacks..  I hate those kinds of jobs.

Jer