[pianotech] FW: tuning pin tightness

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 30 20:48:02 MST 2010

Does the company who sold the piano have no responsibility to fix this
problem?   I spent a number of hours at their recommendation, attempting to
loosen the pins, back and forth up to 40 times. Local symphony tuner came to
look at another problem, was told about the pins, and they were fine.  Now,
six months later, they're back to being as tight as they were when the piano
was delivered.  I am getting within a couple cents on most notes, but it's a
four-hour tuning.  I don't particularly like that kind of stress. The gig
involves all three pianos Sunday night.  I got the Shigueru done today, and
one pass of each Estonia- 8 hours with a fifteen minute break for lunch.
I'll put four hours in tomorrow..  No, I'm not being paid extra, except the
man in charge said I needed to put a surcharge on the one Estonia.   But
back to my question- doesn't the company selling the instrument have
responsibility for a number of years?

thanks

les b

  _____