[pianotech] tuning pin tightness

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Sun Jan 31 16:57:07 MST 2010

And, at the last Convention and Institute in GR, Kent Webb re-iterated that
position.  Essentially saying that S&S recommends controlling the room,
period.  If that can't be done satisfactorily (ever) DC units are helpful
and positive if installed properly.  S&S will always place caveats on these
things, like the, "if installed properly" one.  It's a Cover Your Own
position as S&S doesn't want to even remotely suggest they would be liable
for anything untoward........yada, yada.  If in question, and if someone at
the local S&S dealer suggests otherwise, encourage them to call Kent in NY
and encourage your clients to do the same.  And, I would suggest Kent as the
contact.  I know personally of others in NY who don't happily follow that
position, and would add ambiguity to the conversation.

William R. Monroe