[pianotech] tuning pin tightness

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Sun Jan 31 18:18:55 MST 2010

This took place with the church 6 or 7 years ago, so it is not the burning
issue of the day, and the damp chaser stayed in the piano.

Let me put it this way:  It is in the best interest of the customer to begin
the process by contacting the manufacturer or the dealer that sold the
piano.  Assume nothing, and give them the opportunity to provide a sensible
and honorable solution to the problem before considering any remedies on
your own.  Most will try to do right by the customer.  The manufacturer
needs the assurance that the problems are properly diagnosed before
committing their resources to remedies.  That is only reasonable.  If you
can get the manufacturer to properly honor the warranty, that is in the best
interest of all parties involved.

Will