[pianotech] business

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed Jun 30 10:40:15 MDT 2010

YES! Even squares, for a nominal extra fee to pay for my aching back after ward!

I'm sorry, Mike, but this, in my opinion, is not ethical. It's not your customer's fault that you have a bad back. That's your problem. Either put up with it, or don't accept the work.

On occasion, after playing a hard couple of rounds of racquet ball, my shoulder aches so much I can hardly lift my arm above my shoulder. But I don't charge my customer extra because of that.

You can charge your customer extra because it takes longer to tune the piano because the pins are in the back and all the other unusual techniques you have to use to tune the thing. But you should not charge extra because it hurts your back.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Wim