[pianotech] hammer return noise

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Mon Mar 1 10:23:56 MST 2010

    All rep levers are just a bit tighter than the jacks - but not much. I will repin one to see if it helps.
  Whether or not it helps your noise problem, in my experience, this has always contributed to the action performing at a higher level.  When I repin, jacks are about the loosest center in the action (1-2 grs.) and repetition levers, the tightest (5-8 grs.).  FWIW.

  Alan Eder

  Thanks Alan, the jacks are where you suggest (1-2 g) but the reps are more like (3 - 4g)
  Some repinning is definitely on my agenda today.
  Gene