[pianotech] Gluing Damper Felt

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Tue Mar 2 15:07:03 MST 2010

I wrote:

>>    Cosmetically, it looks nice to my eye with a little bit of white either side of >>    the head.

Terry Wrote:

Actually, that's what was going through my head - the cosmetics of it.
I've always thought that felt hanging outside the width of the head
looked dorky - like an adult suit jacket on a little kid. But I guess
it's in the eye of the beholder! I'm surprised no one jumped on me a
day or two ago when I posted that I wanted to paint a plate
candy-apple red. I can only assume that some (most?) piano techs would
think that is a very bad idea. So, to each their own. I also won't
paint ebony sharps - I finish 'em natural - no doubt many would turn
their noses up on that idea.....  :-)

Terry Farrell

Well, color me dorky.  My wife has said it for years and I guess now
she has (another) backer.

I am with you on the ebony sharps, however.

William R. Monroe