[pianotech] The Fuel You Use In Your Car

Brian Trout brian_trout at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 06:52:41 MST 2010

Cool!!  Would be nice to have a natural source of that natural gas.  :-)  Only thing is if you want to take a trip longer than what the tank lasts.  Might be a little more challenging finding a place to fill up.

Very happy with the VW Jetta wagon TDI.  Felt guilty about buying it ... back when gas was over $4/gal... as everyone wanted to see Americans "buying American".  Well, if Detroit would actually make a car that gets 48 mpg (which is my ACTUAL overall mileage... 43 if we run it like we stole it, 53 if we drive it like we have an egg on the dash)... I would have considered buying American.

The technology is here to do much better than what we're seeing.  In my opinion, there is no excuse for not seeing cars in the Detroit linup that are pushing towards 70 mpg.  Yes, they can do it.  Did anyone read about the new Ford Festiva with a great little high tech British diesel that gets well over 60 mpg?  Some executive decided that the British diesel was a little too expensive for the American market so they're going to sell them in Europe.  AARRRGGGHHH!!!!!  That's the kind of attitude that will have me shopping for another VW someday.

And lest this be considered off topic...  piano tuners gotta travel!!  LOL!!

Brian