[pianotech] grey market piano's

David Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 27 08:55:11 MDT 2010

I'd like to add one comment to this, André is dead on, I maintain a C7
in a recording studio that fits his description exactly. But the
critical thing I have seen too much of in New Orleans, in rather
constant high humidity, is that often the tuning pins are borderline
tight, and a couple of times too loose to tune. If these same pianos
went to a highly variable environment, Boston for example, they might
become untunable very quickly. If they were restrung and had new shanks
and hammers they could be acceptable pianos at a reasonable price.

--Dave