[pianotech] no cash flow

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Wed May 5 06:15:03 MDT 2010

Bruce P wrote :
  Subject: Re: [pianotech] no cash flow

  Our symphony had to reorganize 5 or 6 years ago, to help them out for a couple of years I donated my work as they got themselves reorganized.  I traded work for advertising in the programs.  <SNIP>
  Bruce P
  Colorado Springs, CO

  Gene,
  In my view and from experience trading advertising in the program is a great solution.
   I exchange several tunings each summer for a local arts alliance for their childrens- young adults  theatre program. The advertising consists of a membership in the association which is noted year round  in all the alliances mailings and web site and a 1/4 page advert in every program. The people attending the plays are my target audience . In addition the staff at the alliance refers me .The best part is that  I'm supporting a great program in which  both my children have participated and get much more back in new clients and good will . Also trade services for tickets. Show up early with your tuning lever and a few mutes . Touch up the piano , talk to the artists and the music directors. You become someone they are working WITH  and not just an invoice in a pile of invoices .
      So --- I would approach the staff and make such a proposal.  You can turn this into a great opportunity -- OR --  fight for your fee , alienate the organization and ultimately spend several hours --with no pay-- in the process.

  Tom Driscoll