[pianotech] plates

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Sun May 16 11:13:57 MDT 2010

I wonder if the guy had a low plate let count, and that's why he passed on.

This was a grand piano an old old Wurlitzer I'm thinking.  the plate broke and made the oddest sound against the soudn board, like a door slamming but muffled.  I should have known when that pitch was raised nad it fell that much that I needed to head for the hills. I had to charge them for a service call.  Would you guys do that if a plate broke, or just leave and apologize, telling them the plate broke to call the piano undertaker?

I'd check for pin block seperation too, loose tuning pins too and bridge trouble cracks etc.

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com