[pianotech] Re Players

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Tue May 18 20:04:41 MDT 2010

John Ross wrote:
> *Well for the first time, I tuned a player without removing the top
> assembly. *
> *I did however remove the air motor.*
> *All this time, I thought that I would have a problem with muting.*
> *When I think of all the wasted time, since I started in '75.*
> *I just tried it this time, because Ron said he never removed the
> upper assembly. As per usual, he was right.*
> *If you mentioned it before Ron, I am sorry I didn't heed your advice.*
> *John Ross*
> *Windsor, Nova Scotia*
Congratulations, John.

If it was a full size antique upright player, then they are not much
more work - especially - if you have the stamina to stay standing
through the whole tuning. I have enough back problems that I have to do
these in thirds - left, behind the spool box, and right.

Sure it may take a little longer to tune it and a little more hassle,
but, you can charge a little more for the trouble.

And, for the mid 80's spinet players, I charge a little more for those
because more "stuff" is in the way.

Great job,
Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 10 years