[pianotech] Re Players

Joe Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Tue May 18 20:24:04 MDT 2010

Hi John, Two things that you might also try. When the mute rail is in the
way gently pull it toward you to put the tuning lever on the pin and of
course off. If the mute rail is too stiff, Remove the screws from where it
attaches to the right side and use a spare tuning hammer on a pin to cradle
the rail above the pins that you are tuning.. I also have used the motor
brace to do the same thing.
I use a split rubber mute but most likely a Papps mute would work as well.
Joe Goss BSMusEd MMusEd RPT
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com