[pianotech] Tight glide bolts

Jack Houweling jackhouweling at dccnet.com
Tue May 18 21:14:06 MDT 2010

Thanks everyone for all your advice. I did manage to fix it very simply. I used a few drops of ballistol
on each bolt and they turned very easily after that. I don't think anyone has ever bedded the keyframe in 25 years.
( That was the last time I serviced that piano)

Here are some photos of the glide bolts, and as you can see all the action brackets where in the way and
with the bolts being as tight as they were it was very difficult to turn them without bending or getting a proper
 grip on the bolts.

Regards,
Jack Houweling