[pianotech] Brass rail

Barb Nobbe barbara at pitchperfectpianos.com
Wed May 26 18:44:56 MDT 2010

Okay, guys. You've got me convinced...I'm going to try the brass rail conversion to wooden hammers butts. I couldn't find Spurlock's article, but I emailed him to ask him if he had the article handy in his computer files somewhere to send me. I'm not a big woodworker, but how hard can it be to drill a few holes out, right?  :-)

But then I guess the next obvious answer to the question is...if I'm using the Asian style butts with springs, I won't need to worry about reattaching the old spring rail, right?

But, what about the jack springs?  I thought that the jack springs for the Asian style were stronger than the American/European style.  Or maybe I'm just imagining I heard something of the sorts.  Anyway, should I worry about replacing those too?

Oh, and Terry...thanks for the pics!  Dave, I'll be waiting to hear when you're teaching that next class. Lol.

Thank to everyone for your advice!

Barbara Nobbe, RPT
Pitch Perfect
859-489-4793