[pianotech] Of Chisels

Les Koltvedt t4348lk at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 10 16:38:15 MDT 2010

Mine always heal real nice and straight... and I never have to push it very hard
to draw blood...

Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 10:06:37 -0400
From: Terry Farrell <mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com>
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Of Chisels
    DelSp="yes"

> I've always heard that a sharp tool is a safe tool.

I absolutely agree with that statement. If you don't have to force a
cutting tool, you have more control over it and hence less likely to
have a mishap. However, if you are going to have a mishap - and blade
meets flesh - be aware that a sharp tool will make a much larger and
deeper cut than a dull tool - although on a positive note I suppose
the larger and deeper cut will be smoother and less irregular - I
presume surgeons prefer it that way.....

Terry Farrell