[pianotech] key leveling with a curve

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Wed Oct 13 12:57:44 MDT 2010

At 08:00 -0500 13/10/2010, William Monroe  wrote:

>I would respectfully disagree. ÊWhen at the factory three  years ago
>(and this spring) we looked at the CNC machine that does the  cutting
>to radius the key bed. ÊIt was still done then, and I've heard
>nothing to the contrary in the past three years. ÊFYI.

Ah well,  there's another maybe!
Since the evidence in the world at large for the truth of anything is still
 not all in, I watch in wonder those who live in worlds of certainty.

Thank you for the stuff from Horace, Paul.  Lots of  interesting stuff
there even if it does not tell the whole story and even  if it does a
partial whitewash job on the monopoly from Stuttgart.   As to Kluge, I
think the takeover by Steinway took place only 6 or 7 years  ago, so
if Steinway have any complaints about them now, they know where to
look.

Incidentally there are various types of "European" oak.   The English
oak is supposed to be best for ships
Actually, I know a British boat-builder who said exactly the same  thing,
and I always thought it was simple chauvinism. More evidence. :-)

, but  the French brown oak I have
seen is far nicer for  pianos.

JD