[pianotech] was curve now glide

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Fri Oct 15 06:53:38 MDT 2010

 Tom writes:

 >>  I also bed with the       stack on and keys out as I find it easier to both access the glides and to       thump on the rails . I've always assumed that a bedded  frame       without the stack can wrack after it is installed.

           I bed the keyframe to the keybed, and then the stack to the keyframe. Then put the keys on.  I leave slack on the glides that the weight of the keys more than removes, insuring that I have weight on the front and back rails as well as a secure fulcrum. It really doesn't take too much experience to judge the amount of flex needed to insure the glides are in good contact when the keys are on.   I don't want any of the stack's feet off of the action cleats when I bed the frame, and I don't like having any flex put in the frame by the stack, so the only way I know of having a stable, secure bedding is to go from the bottom up.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT