[pianotech] MPT (was Action locking)

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Mon Oct 18 21:17:20 MDT 2010

Sounds like the organization needs to create an MPT (Moving Piano
Technician)

Just like plumbers and electricians, etc, that need a License to move
pianos.

Have a Certification for Piano Movers !!!!

Here is the following proof:

One of my customers has been "through the ringer" (lawyers, appraisers,
technician (me), court, depositions, photographs)
with her 1923 Weber "Welte" grand that WAS in immaculate condition.

The movers broke the main bracket of the main expression unit,
disconnected and tried to reconnect hoses (barely played, expressions
were all screwed up), damaged several spots of the finish with a couple
of chunks of wood missing, ripped off the belly cloth and THREW IT AWAY
- claiming your don't need that plus the pump motor would overheat with
it on. And took a big chunk our of her front door frame.

Because of the player market being so crappy, she is fighting the court
to get a FULL reimbursement for the repairs - so far she is LOSING -
last I heard about $7000 - that's a lot here in the Midwest !!

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 10 years