[pianotech] Seiler 53" (135 cm) Upright 1997

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Fri Oct 22 06:14:45 MDT 2010

Thomas,
 I guess the first two things that come to mind are regulation and friction . Letoff ? If excessive notes will drop. What happens when the sustain pedal is depressed? Changing the damper timing to lift later with the spoons will help.Possibly the damper lever springs are too strong. Friction? Tight balance holes, key bushings? Lube keypins,whip action centers, dowels capstans , whip. cushions could be lubed with teflon powder.
Sometimes it's not one thing . Throw all the darts on some sample notes and recheck as you go.
Just a few ideas.
 Tom D.
http://tomdriscollpianoservice.com/
http://tomdriscollpianoservice.com/tools.html