[pianotech] Key balance rebushing

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 20:51:34 MDT 2010

To be honest, if the intersection of the pin and felt is going to "nest",
it will do so whether there's a "bend" in the felt or not; the "bend" isn't
a  hard edge unless you soak it with glue which is obviously
counterproductive. I  remain unconvinced of the efficacy of having a bend at the bottom in
the button  slot (which is a manufacturing efficiency) or the top; properly
glued, with the  proper glue (hide), and at the proper depth (in the range
of 3/16"), the felt  should be as stable as it's ever going to be. We've done
a lot of rebushing here  over the years, and have never had a problem with
unstable or loose bushings  glued in and trimmed flush to the top of the
button.

Paul

In a message dated 10/22/2010 7:00:00 P.M. Central Daylight Time,