[pianotech] billing dilemma with pitch raises

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Oct 31 17:23:12 MDT 2010

You may not need to justify your fee but if asked you should be able to
explain. It's a courtesy since people don't understand, and if they are
paying they have a right to know why something costs what it does.  The
explanation can be simple--it takes more time, the materials cost x, it's
outside of the scope of my normal service call...  I don't hesitate to ask
the mechanic why something costs what it does if I don't understand why or
if it seems unusual.  Most people don't mind explaining and we shouldn't
either, unless we have no explanation.  It's certainly better than "up
yours, I don't need to justify my fee you jackwagon, just pay the damn
bill".  Won't likely get you a return visit.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com