[pianotech] Carbon Fiber Lever (was Hammer Technique: was Q & A Roundtable)

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Tue Feb 1 16:07:01 MST 2011

On Feb 1, 2011, at 4:19 PM, Steve Fujan wrote:

> You didn't get $400 of value for your $200.  If you'd spent $400 the difference would not have been "barely noticeable".

and

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 1:12 PM, David Nereson <da88ve at gmail.com> wrote:

> … I just bought a carbon fiber lever.  Yes,  I notice more stiffness, not as much flex, but it's an extremely subtle difference, and barely noticeable.  I'm glad I spent only $200 and not $400.

David,

Several concepts of tuning levers have come into the being since the introduction
   of carbon fiber being used. I'm certain that Steve Fujan's was the first.

The CarbonTube Piano Tuning Lever by Steve Fujan
         http://www.fujanproducts.com/
   changed the entire landscape of the tuning process for me.

It only took tuning one grand piano with this masterpiece
   to discard the other tuning levers I had.

I own two of the Fujan levers with one modification
   that I specifically requested be done by Steve.
Ball end levers hurt my hand, so I asked that ball end piece to be converted
  into one that is shaped like the tube part itself.

I can't say enough to compliment this tool and the joy of using of it.
It put a whole new meaning into the act of tuning pianos.

As to some of the other designed carbon levers I cannot speak.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern, RPT
pianostuff.kamcam.com

Disclaimer:
I have received no benefits from Steve Fujan to make these comments.