[pianotech] [Pianotek] the big discussion

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Tue Feb 1 21:51:03 MST 2011

This is more reason why I use ETD, so I don't have to remember this "crap".

I also tune reed organ reeds with my ETD - which - btw - you can't tune
aurally and make them that accurate.

In tuning reeds, you have to scrape (or sand) the brass tongue of the
reed to raise and lower the pitch.

So you can't be "farting" around with the pitch - one - h a s - to know
which way the pitch needs to go in order to tune it.

And I say sand because some of the reeds are no longer than 1/4 of an
inch and paper thin, so if you play with it long enough it will break on
you before you can tune it.

So if you want - a - r e a l - challenge tune reed organ reeds

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years