[pianotech] Accoya...bellytalk...no tuning allowed

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Feb 2 09:51:10 MST 2011

On 2/2/2011 10:26 AM, jimialeggio wrote:
> Its being used in exterior laminated structures, exterior exposure
> finger jointing etc. Their tests indicated machining and gluing are not
> effected...no first hand experience though yet. However, I will be
> getting some sample in from my wholesaler to beat up on and otherwise
> abuse.

Hold it! One of their PDFs said that glues depending on moisture
absorption into the wood, like PVAs (Titebond, etc) may be problematic,
since the treatment drastically inhibits moisture transfer within the
wood. They recommend testing samples to see if your specific application
works before committing.
Ron N