[pianotech] [Pianotek] the big discussion

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Wed Feb 2 10:59:46 MST 2011

Hi, Lim

I'm sure Bill Bremmer explains it well. The three thirds progress in
speed. The lowest is the slowest and highest is the fastest, so to
speak. You want the speeds to increase at an even rate.

Officially, the ratio is supposedly four to five. That is, for every
four beats F-A beats, the A-C# should beat five, and so forth. In actual
pianos, the rates don't always have that ratio, but almost always one
can make them increase evenly.

Hope this helps.

Susan