[pianotech] Hammer Technique: was Q & A Roundtable

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Feb 2 11:11:33 MST 2011

On 2/2/2011 11:58 AM, Mike Spalding wrote:

> I'm only nit-picking because when your explanation appears to
> contradict the laws of physics, we're not getting an accurate picture of
> what your technique actually is.

No, that's not nit picking. That's attempting to stay within the
physical facts. I understand exactly what he's talking about with the
technique because I discovered it for myself and have been using it to
some degree for 30 years. My only argument with him is the mistaken
claim that he's not exceeding the final tension in the first string
segment by using the technique. He most certainly is for the reason we
have both now stated.
Ron N