[pianotech] 4ths 5ths

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Feb 2 14:51:16 MST 2011

Susan, unfortunately, you're preaching to a wall.  Quit feeding the cat.
If you feed a stray cat, he'll come back again and again.  Please just
call it quits with this guy.  You and he are never to agree, and that's
that. Let's all just let this go and go back to our lives and tuning the
way we see fit.  The eternal argument isn't just between you two (and a
some on Wim), and keeps creeping up every 6 months or so and then we're
all back to the "circle the wagons", here comes the enemy thing.

The strange, but funny thing is, 99% of the home-owned piano people would
ever know what method is better, can't hear the difference, or care:  Only
the most professional pianists and other master musicians will be able to
tell; AND, the beauty of the tuning is in the master of the hammer skills
and ears to hear;  not the devices he/she uses to get it there.  Some
aural tuners are awesome, some ETD tuners are awesome.  I will give you
this, however, Susan;  You have to use your ears and intuition, period!
Merely looking at a machine will never make a great tuner. JMHO.  There
again, another can of worms that must be used for fishing, not arguing.

Nothing you, I, or anybody on this list is going to change the way Duiane
or any other is going to do "their" thing.  It's too bad to not be open
minded, but those with a barred door can not open it.

Let's please drop this thing!

Thank you. Still aural, with an occasional ETD helper... JUST TO HELP!

Paul