[pianotech] Bridge pin locations help (image oops)

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Feb 3 20:45:13 MST 2011

On 2/3/2011 9:33 PM, Mr. Mac's wrote:

> That is something what you say about the notched edge.

What we were all taught about this is wrong. The pin is the termination,
not the notch edge. If the pin is firm, the notch being too deep won't
cause false beats.

> I'll be seeing the piano again this coming Sunday
>     do what you say. And if it proves out, I got the CA glue.

First, try the screwdriver test to see if the beat disappears when the
screwdriver is pressing on the pin opposite the string. It most likely
will, and will come back when the screwdriver is removed.

> You're speaking CA thin, yes?

Thin's fine. It might take a couple of applications to fill the gap, but
if the screwdriver test works, so will the CA. You can do it with the
string on, at pitch, and all that good stuff.
Ron N