[pianotech] 300 cent pitch raise - correction

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Fri Feb 4 12:54:54 MST 2011

After thinking about this for awhile, the 300 cent pitch raise was on an
antique piano - Collard & Collard - 1886 - that to my knowledge and the
customers' knowledge had never tuned.

The customer initially bought it as a show piano then after I got the
piano operational - which had to fabricate several new action parts - he
decided he wanted to play it.

So, I seem to remember doing a "chip" tuning with the Cybertuner with
whatever the lowest tuning pitch it has - A335 ?

Once I found out that most of the bass strings were popping, I ordered
new bass strings, put them on and tuned again - this time at A440.

Amazingly, nothing else popped.

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years