[pianotech] Thanks and further comments

Gary gmcc at charter.net
Fri Feb 4 15:04:08 MST 2011

Thinking about it today (before reading Israel's comment) it occurred to
me that the overpull for the large pitch raise function of cybertuner is
much smaller than the small or medium modes.  Thus, to do a 300 cent
pitch raise in just one pass wasn't even leaving the piano at pitch.  I
would be very nervous doing any overpull on a string that flat.  My
method even at half a step, is to go through it quickly and bring the
string up to pitch, then again with overpull then a fine tuning.
The first pitch raise I usually take things rather slowly, so  it may
take 20 minutes to pull things up to pitch.  The second one might take
rough ten to fifteen minutes and the final tuning usually around an hour.
Gary