[pianotech] 0 - 88 in 20, or....?

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Sat Feb 5 19:05:39 MST 2011

On 02/05/2011 06:33 PM, tnrwim at aol.com wrote:

> Several members mentioned tuning the piano using an ETD starting at
> note A0 and going up to C88. When I first got my SAT, I did that. Then
> someone mentioned that they tune starting at the last note of the
> bass, and go down to A0, and then tuning the treble, starting with the
> first note of the treble So I started doing it that way. I think I get
> better results that way
I don't know about the others, however, RCT was designed to start at A0
and go up.

Starting the aforementioned way, seems to me would screw up the internal
calculations of the tuning.

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years