[pianotech] Reasons why you use a particular ETD brand

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 21:30:02 MST 2011

> On 2/5/2011 8:34 PM, Dale Probst wrote:
>
>> Mark,
>> Attending the convention in KC would be an ideal time to check out all of
>> the various ETD. There are usually classes by the various vendors on their
>> products plus you can see and feel them in the exhibit hall. This is the
>> best place I know to compare tools especially tuning hammers and ETD.

Maybe also decide what you *don't* need an ETD to do for you. Some have long
battery life, while some need daily recharging. Some can adjust the stretch
"on the fly," and others not so well. Some are ultra portable, and others
more bulky. Some will need new computers (handheld PCs), while others will
last years and years.

Perhaps a more helpful discussion than "Which ETD Do You Like" would be
"What I Don't Like About My ETD."

There are things about the two ETDs I've used in the past that I liked, and
some things I hated. There are features in the others that I've not used
that I think I'd really like, were I to get one in the future.

--
JF