[pianotech] spanner wrench?

Kurt Baxter fortefile at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 07:58:44 MST 2011

What did you use to hold/socket the drill bit pins? I'm having trouble
picturing that...

On Feb 6, 2011 9:03 AM, "jimialeggio" <jimialeggio at gmail.com> wrote:

I've made and busted 3 spanner wrenches to remove these nose bolt nuts on
small Chickerings.

Any ideas on a tool that deal with these effectively?

The problem I have is that the 2 holes are only 1/8" diameter. This really
doesn't give me much scope to give the spanner pins (I guess you'd call
them) any significant bending resistance.  I tried using 1/8" drill bit
shafts for the pins, but they sheared.

Jim I

Jim Ialeggio
grandpianosolutions.com