[pianotech] spanner wrench?

Kurt Baxter fortefile at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 08:17:51 MST 2011

Anyway, my guess is drill bits are too hard, hence brittle.

The last time I needed something similar, I ended up sacrificing an old
socket (like from a ratchet/socket set) that was the right diameter and
grinding/hacksawing/filing away material until two correctly located and
sized nubs remained.

It this case it was larger, and the holes were square though... (it was for
an old bicycle hub)

Here's to kludges!

-kurt

On Feb 6, 2011 9:58 AM, "Kurt Baxter" <fortefile at gmail.com> wrote:

What did you use to hold/socket the drill bit pins? I'm having trouble
picturing that...