[pianotech] Carbon Fiber Lever (was Hammer Technique: was Q & ARoundtable)

Kurt Baxter fortefile at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 21:31:43 MST 2011

> I suspect that if the joint difference was even proportionally on the radar
> after the huge stiffness increase of the large tubing handle, it would be
> charted on the web page. If it was numerically significant, who'd let it
> slide past the marketing?

Hmm, I see your point. There is this from the website:

*"A word of caution. Watch out for imitations. If you see a lever claiming
> the advantages of extreme stiffness provided by carbon fiber, look at the
> attachment of the lever to the head.  Any lever that still uses the
> traditional head with small diameter threads will not provide the
> performance of the FUJAN."*

The supporting data is not offered, but I would suspect it exists.

I think the most illuminating test would be between a Fujan and a Gluzman of
the same size/angle, as the Gluzman appears to BE the Fujan with
a traditional head. However, unless someone owns both, that seems like a
potentially... awkward scientific collaboration. <g>

Thanks for your comments,

-kurt