[pianotech] Reasons why you use a particular ETD brand

James Sasso jwsasso at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 12:35:14 MST 2011

Hi Mark;
In my first post last week I mentioned I was familiar with the Sanderson
sight-o-tuner back in 1980. I began tuning aurally at age 19 and I'm still
tuning at 55. I tried the trial version of TuneLab recently. I can tune
treble notes without a mute but only a bit faster than with one. The TuneLab
made a believer out of me. It cut a pitch raise down from 35 minutes down to
15 or so. It also slashed about 20 minutes off  a fine tuning when I used it
in the treble octaves.
Jim