[pianotech] Carbon Fiber Lever (was Hammer Technique: was Q & A Roundtable)

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Mon Feb 7 14:46:27 MST 2011

I use a Yamaha hammer with some #2 tip I got somewhere years ago. It was
considerably stiffer than my old extension lever and i don't seem to notice
any fatigue from the weight. I get little enough work out that I'm not
looking to reduce what my "heavy" Yamaha hammer gives me.

I never change tips, either. I carry a short thin wall tip on the extension
part of an extension lever that I use for the rare pins my Yamaha hammer
won't reach or fit.

Dean

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of John Ross

 I wouldn't like a hammer that required changing tips all the time.

I have a Tuners Supply hammer with a #2 tip, and can't remember the last
time I changed a tip.
I do have a thin walled tip on a tip adaptor that has a square head for the
odd too close pin situation.
I have another Tuners Supply hammer with the long tip for grands.
I have used them both since the late 70's.
I tried other hammers briefly at the conventions, but never felt the need to
upgrade.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia