[pianotech] price-negotiating customers

Boaz Kirschenbaum pianotuner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 00:32:03 MST 2011

Just combing through a few old posts.....

I agree with Don Mannino 100%. I no longer offer discounts, even to schools.
I need to support my family!

Let us not forget that the customer is not only paying for our time but also
our training, experience, and a margin to cover things like phone calls and
emails, especially the extra time talking about discounts!

I do offer a substantial discount to the trade (i.e., other technicians who
hire me), and on piano rentals to promoters, industry people etc. I cannot
charge a retail price on a rental or production costs get too high, so I
have a special rate set up for those people. Ditto piano moves - although
lately I would rather just suggest that they call the mover directly rather
than be a middle man.

--
*Boaz Kirschenbaum, RPT*  |  Concert Piano Tuner
*Cherry Tree Piano*